National Transplant Assistance Fund – “The Financial Link to Transplantation
National Transplant Assistance Fund -The Financial Link to Transplantation
Jerry Cahill interviews Lynne Samson, the Executive Director of the NTAF on how they can help with fundraising for a costly lung transplant.
Mission Statement: To help raise funds for transplant and catastrophic injury patients by providing compassionate support, education and expertise to them, their families and communities.
- NTAF is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 charitable organization and contributions to NTAF are tax-deductible. NTAF was founded in 1983
- Lynne states: “it’s better to start fundraising as soon as you are listed at a transplant center”
- Lynn states: “people in the community love to support a cause and this gives emotional support to the patient and family going through the crisis”
- Fundraising events include: golf outings, spaghetti dinners, chicken fries, dances, and car washes, to name a few.
- Money can be used for insurance co-pays, medications, re-locating for a transplant, meals, lodging, and living donor costs.
- NTAF has over 1200 active patient accounts and has risen over $4 million this year.
- “The goal of NTAF is to help the patient and family feel financially, emotionally, and mentally secure and that through the community support they will feel cared for”