Episode #0098 Patient Airlift Services (PALS) – Giving Back to the CF Community with Eileen Minogue
Eileen Minogue, Director of Operations for Patient Airlift Services (PALS), discusses arranging FREE air transportation for patients with in CF in need of medical diagnosis or treatment.
PALS is a nonprofit 501(3)c that is helping the CF community and “changing the world, one flight at a time …”
– PALS offers three missions:
- Medical Missions help people with CF who need medical care but cannot afford air transportation.
- Compassion Missions assist family members traveling with individuals with CF. “This relieves a lot of stress,” according to Eileen.
- Humanitarian Missions where PALS assists with national disasters.
– “PALS is not an air ambulance, and the pilots are not medically trained. We offer financial support through free flights for those people with CF in need,” Eileen explains.
– Pilots associated with PALS volunteer their time, plane and fuel to help people with medical problems such as CF.
– PALS flight requirements:
- Financial need must be verified with a social worker.
- Patient must be ambulatory and medically stable.
- If individual requires oxygen, it must be FAA approved. PALS does not provide oxygen.
– PALS can fly to and from more than 5,000 airports.
– PALS can cover flights in the entire Northeastern United States, and they are linked nationally through the Air Care Alliance Group.
– Contact info:
- 888-818-1231 or 516-300-1660
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.