Episode #0053 Adult Cystic Fibrosis Day – WMF File
Title: Adult Cystic Fibrosis Day
Baylor University Medical Center in Houston, Texas held a ground breaking event with the first ever Adult CF Day. This educational event featured Boomer Esiason and Dr. Marcia Katz speaking about how we are “living a medical miracle? with 40% of the CF population being adults and living longer with a better quality of life.
- Adults with CF are attending college, have careers, and having families.
- Adults with CF maintain a “positive mental attitude? and keep raising the bar.
- With the explosion of the adult CF population “transitioning? to an adult program is crucial.
- Adults with CF are living longer and maintaining a better quality of life.
- Adults are mentors for younger individuals with CF and their families.