Title: Jerry Cahill – Exercising is Key to Being Compliant with CF
Jerry Cahill, 51 years old with cystic fibrosis is LIVING BREATHING SUCCEEDING
on a daily basis…
With the help of today’s therapies, cystic fibrosis (CF) patients are now living
longer and achieving more than ever before. Pulmonary treatments are enabling
adults with CF to pursue their dreams by entering college and the career world.
“Jerry Cahill – Exercising is Key to Being Compliant with CF,? features Jerry
Cahill, a 51-year-old man with CF. Jerry talks about exercising as a form of CF
therapy, sports improving his quality of life, exercising outdoors to keep his
lungs CLEAR, and the importance of compliancy on a daily basis. Jerry’s
philosophy is NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!?
Key messages in the Podcast include:
- Jerry believes exercise and sports have made a major impact on improving
his health and quality of life physically and mentally.
- Exercise outdoors to help keep your lungs clear.
- “Simple exercises like walking, jogging, stretching, push-ups, quick
knee drills, and lunges help move the secretions and clear out the lungs?
- Time management is key to CF and maintaining your daily therapy routine
so you can continue socializing and enjoying the great opportunities and
people in life.
- Jerry states; “Do not let CF stop you… just get out there and live life
to the fullest!?
* This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.? Podcast/Vodcast series is the 1st of
12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech
to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.