Title: CF, College Life, Sports, and Compliance – Sean Bourgeois is
Sean Bourgeois, 19 years old with cystic fibrosis (CF) is playing junior hockey
and attending University of Phoenix “online” while he pursues his dreams of
playing hockey for the NHL.
- Sean was diagnosed at age 4 and resides in Maine with his family.
- “My father got me involved in sports and hockey because he thought it would
help my lungs and it’s been the best thing for me” states Sean.
- “Living with CF has NOT prevented me from doing things in life” states Sean
“CF is not going to stop me from reaching my goals”.
- “The hardest thing about growing up with CF is the treatments… but I have to
do them so I can play hockey and spend time with my family and friends.
- Sean’s biggest role models have been his parents, “They are always there for
me and they have gone above and beyond” states Sean.
- Regarding college life and being independent… “I am ready to be responsible
because I have a lot of BIG goals” states Sean.
- “ I want to be the first person with CF to play professional hockey in the
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is the 6th of 12
made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to The
Boomer Esiason Foundation.
Direct download: SEANB_WMV9_640x480.mov
-- posted at: 11:54pm EDT