Title: Episode #0065 Challenges of Health Insurance – Beth Sufian Informs
the CF Community
Beth Sufian, 42 years old and compliant with cystic fibrosis (CF). Beth is
happily married living in Texas, an attorney, serves on the CF Foundation
Advisory Task Force on adult issues and is LIVING BREATHING SUCCEEDING on a
- Beth talks about knowing your legal rights and advocating for yourself.
- Beth discusses who qualifies for Social Security benefits, Medicare, and
- Learn pointers on how to obtain health insurance for children and adults
with CF and how to deal with increasing drug co-pays.
- Beth discusses SSI, SSDI, Adult CF programs, COBRA, pre-existing
clauses, Family Medical Leave Act, and YOUR medical records.
- “ Be compliant – take care of yourself first and foremost” is Beth’s
- “Big is Better when it comes to health insurance” states Beth.
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is the 4th of
12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech
to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.