Jenny Davison, 39 years old with cystic fibrosis (CF), happily married, the
proud mother of her 10 year-old daughter Dara and LIVING BREATHING SUCCEEDING on
a daily basis…
A little over a decade ago marriage and starting a family seemed to be an
unthinkable dream for adults with CF. Through advancements in treatment of the
disease and being compliant the dream became a reality for Jenny and her husband
- Jenny Davison grew up in Long Island and is one of 9 children.
- “Family is Extremely important to me? states Jenny.
- Deciding to have a family when you have CF can be risky business but…
“Starting a family while you are healthy and always being compliant is key?
- “It is challenging for a woman with CF to have a child and you and your
husband should know the risks but most importantly, take care of yourself
first? states Jenny.
- Jenny maintained her career as a nurse for seven months of her pregnancy
and believes in the importance of a strong support system.
- Jenny states: “Although I have cystic fibrosis, Tim and I never regret
having a child… Dara has added so much to our lives?
- Jenny’s advice: “Having CF does not mean you stop your life – you just
keep living and have a career, think about getting married and starting a
family… you do what everyone else does – I just have to work a little harder
at it with CF?
- “Everybody has something and cystic fibrosis is what I have…?
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.? Podcast/Vodcast series is the 3rd
of 12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from
Genentech to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.