Jerry Cahill interviews Dr. Jamie Wells
- Dr. Wells grew up in Philadelphia before attending YALE UNIVERSITY
majoring in American Studies.
- Dr. Wells attending JEFFERSON MEDICAL SCHOOL in Philadelphia where she
started out specializing in brain surgery prior to focusing on
- “Medical school = one paragraph on cystic fibrosis… all training comes
from hands on at a CF Center? states Dr. Wells
- As an infant with CF: “Burden on parents to understand and deal with
everything all at once?
- Dr. Wells states: “The teenage years are the most challenging as the
typical teenager is not compliant?
- “Doctors and CF patients must have a PARTNERSHIP?
- Dr. Jamie Wells states: Due to the prognosis of the disease, “cystic
fibrosis patients are dynamic and grow up very very quickly…?
- Dr. Wells strongly believes: “People with CF need someone to look up to
and see that there are people living at age 49…?
- Regarding Stem Cell Research: “I am an advocate of anything that is going
to advance science?
- Dr, Wells Rx for people with CF: “Be consistent with med.’s and therapy,
even when you are feeling well, and maintain an optimal nutritional state so
you can fight infection?
- “I am honored and privileged to know patients and their families with this
disease… people with CF really get what is about to be alive!?