Maggie Talboy interviews Jerry Cahill - "Better Living Through Chemistry"
- “My life is not about the cystic fibrosis… it’s about living and enjoying
- Jerry was diagnosed at age 11 after several hospitalizations for
- Jerry comes from a very athletic family that includes 4 brothers and 1
- Jerry attended Xaverian High School in Brooklyn, NY and then went on to
the University of Connecticut where he competed in varsity track &
field specializing in the pole vault.
- CF is a challenge and a competition… I will beat it as best I can because
life is NOT a controlled experience?
- Jerry states: “I do not have time to sit around with IMPENDING DOOM – go
out and experience life and manage your disease?
- Jerry “exercises for life? and believes that “exercise can slow down the
progression of the disease?
- Jerry believes in being pro-active with his health and is very involved in
NUTRITION including: I.V. vitamin drips, “lot’s of vitamins and juicing? and
of course “exercise?
- Listed for a double lung transplant at NEW YORK PRESBYTERIAN and also seen
at UNIVERSITY of NORTH CAROLINA at CHAPEL HILL – Jerry is very happy with his
TEAM of doctors.
- Maggie asked Jerry what keeps him going...? “A passion for life and being
involved with people, watching people grow and most important giving of
yourself – not materialistic things.
- Jerry states: “I have my FULL METAL JACKET on and am ready for the