Laps for CF
Laps for CF Foundation
…on the road to a cure…
The Laps for CF Foundation is an organization based out of Birmingham, Alabama that fights Cystic Fibrosis everyday. Together with CF supporters across the United States, the laps for CF Foundation raises money and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.
- The money the Foundation raises is awarded to 3 main organizations: The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, CF Hope for Alabama, and CF Care Clinics.
- Emily Schreiber was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis in the winter of 2003. After diagnosis and reading a book called Karen’s Ride – where a young girl, Karen, raised money for her local hospital… Emily decided to do the same for Cystic Fibrosis.
- The first year Emily swam at Wald Park in Vestavia, Alabama and raised over $60,000.
- In 2005 Emily swam with the Auburn University swim team and raised over$220,000.
- Emily plans on teaming up with the Boomer Esiason Foundation to combat cystic fibrosis by launching Swim-a-Thons with 15+ Universities across the nation.
- For more information: www.lapsforcf.org
- E-Mail Emily at: email@example.com