EXERCISE for LIFE SCHOLARSHIP
EXERCISE for LIFE SCHOLARHIP The Boomer Esiason Foundation has created a scholar-athlte award to assist cystic fibrosis senior high school athletes pursuing undergraduate degrees.
– “Exercise is the single most important thing in my life that keeps me healthy… jogging is a universal activity that everyone can partake in without the need for an expensive gm or pool membership” states Jerry Cahill who is a 50 year-old with CF. Jerry has been exercising all his life in spite of having CF.
– The goal of the scholar athlete award is to raise awareness, improve the quality of life and lifespan of individuals with CF through the power of daily physical exercise.
– The scholarship will be awarded annually based on demonstrated financial need, academic accomplishment and athletic ability in the area of running. All finalist will be timed in a 1.5 mile jog.
– Award: 1 female winner and 1 male winner each receiving $10,000. awarded to the college of their choice.
– The student/athlete should be jogging on a regular basis and training for the 1.5 mile run. All candidates will be judged on time.
– Scholarship launches May 1st 2007
– Deadline July 29th 2007
– For more information and applications go to: www.cfscholarships.com