Episode #0112 Bobby Bebber: Overcoming ALL Obstacles with CF
Bobby Bebber: Overcoming ALL Obstacles with CF
Bobby Bebber, 28 years old and living in Miami, Fla., was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis (CF) at age two. Bobby has had three liver transplants and a kidney transplant, and he also has CF-related diabetes, but he continues to fight on and NEVER give up. Bobby, who discusses overcoming all obstacles with CF, is LIVING BREATHING & SUCCEEDING.
- Bobby grew up pretty fast. He was in the hospital a lot during his childhood, including for three liver transplants (October 1987, November1987 and May 2001). Bobby’s mom donated a kidney to him.
- “My CF has mainly been digestive issues, but now the respiratory component has kicked in, and I am now listed for a double-lung transplant at Duke Medical Center,” Bobby says.
- Bobby loves sports and played soccer and intramural basketball in high school. He also is passionate about horse racing. “My uncle owns a few race horses,” he says.
- “The hardest part about living with CF is not having the lung capacity to do what I like … Being on oxygen limits you,” Bobby says.
- Bobby’s biggest accomplishment was graduating college, because “I never thought I would do it,” he says.
- “My goal is to visit all 50 states and live to be 50 years old,” Bobby says.
- Bobby’s recommendation to others with CF: “Never give up. No matter what people tell you, be a fighter!”
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast is made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.