Episode #0087 Dan Palumbo – Gearing Up for Disability with CF
Dan Palumbo, 53 years old with cystic fibrosis, is married and the proud father of twins who both are in law school. Dan has his own advertising agency, but due to the progression of CF, he is considering disability so he can spend more time taking care of his health. Dan is living, breathing and succeeding with CF.
- Dan was diagnosed at one month of age in Wilkes-Barre, Penn.
- Dan graduated college with a degree in communications and advertising and then worked at a local TV station before opening up his own advertising agency in 1980.
- “I stay very compliant and manage my health because I have goals and dreams and I want to achieve things,” Dan says.
- Dan is considering disability because, at age 53, it is getting tougher to get through the day with all the treatments and a full-time job.
- “Disability may be my only choice if I want to stay alive and watch my son and daughter start families – I want to be a grandfather,” Dan says.
- Dan’s biggest fear about disability is the loss of a lot of his business relationships/friends, but he feels his health is more important at this point in time.
- “I am a published songwriter, and I will exercise more and do more treatments once I go out on disability. It’s all about MORE treatments to stay healthy with CF,” he says.
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast is the 9th in a series of 12 made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation .