Cystic Fibrosis Podcast 180: The Pre-Transplant Process featuring Dr. Arcasoy from CUMC
In Jerry Cahill’s latest podcast series, The Path Forward with Cystic Fibrosis, we hear from Dr. Selim Arcasoy from Columbia University Medical Center. He discusses the pre-transplant process by covering the following topics:
- When should a CF patient consider a lung transplant?
- When lung function decreases to 30% or below
- When there is an increased infection resistance
- When exacerbations resulting in ICU hospital stays become frequent
- When a patient experiences frequent lung bleeds and collapse
- What is the transplant listing process?
- What is the transplant evaluation process?
- What are some testing and evaluation obstacles, both mental and psychosocial?
- What is dual listing?
- What happens when you are actively listed?
This video podcast was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Columbia University Medial Center and the Lung Transplant Project.