CF Podcast 164: Cystic Fibrosis & Mental Well-Being
Adriane De Moerloose
Adriane is married with 3 children, and currently resides in North Carolina. She and her husband are the happy parents of 3 children. Alexis 7, Andrew 4.5, with CF, and Olivia who passed away 6 years ago from a rare heart disease. She currently enjoys running, biking, and hiking with her family. She also enjoys writing, listening to music and working out at the gym. She believes it is important to have inner strength and always be positive.
- Adriane and her husband, Peter, believed that they needed to “buckle down” and get ready for another battle when they found out their son, Andrew, was diagnosed with CF.
- She relied a lot on close friends and family. They also reached out to other parents who have children with CF.
- She focused on one thought: “How can I raise my child while he will be dealing with a chronic illness everyday”
- Andrew started to question his CF when he was 2.5-3 years old.
- Andrew’s treatments are “Non-Negotiable”
- He has begun teaching his peers about his CF and his treatments. He is a 3 year old CF Advocate
To learn more about Adriane and the ways she manages her mental well being, please listen to her podcast.
This educational podcast was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Gilead to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.